Review of the "Embrace the Natural You" Natural Hair Care Line

3:53:00 PM

           Recently "Embrace the Natural You" reached out to me to create a tutorial using their products, and  my results turned out great! I decided to create a detailed blog post about my experience with the line, now that I have had a chance to play around with the products for over two months now. 

    I received  the "Heatless Curls Queen" collection, which consisted of their  Frothing Body & Hair Cleanser, Tress Treatment Masque, and  the Twist Truffle Whip. I also had the chance last summer  to try their "I Want it All" line, which includes their Trinity Hair & Body Glaze, Leave In Conditioner & Style Frosting, and Whipped Creme Hair & Body Icing(video review below).  Over all I would give this entire like a strong 4/5.  I only take off one point because I never get the exact amount of definition I want. 

      The Frothing Body & Hair cleanser is my least favorite product out of the whole  " Heatless Curls Queen" line. The 8 oz bottle for $13.50 contains ingredients such as avocado oil, wheat germ oil, and pro-vitamin B5, which is suppose to aid in moisturizing, and strengthening natural curly hair. While the product does  great job at cleaning the hair, it did leave my hair feeling just a tad bit stripped and dried. I do appreciate the all natural curly friendly ingredients contained in all of the products, and so I give the shampoo a strong 3.5/5.
                      After using the shampoo I then deep conditioned with the Tress Treatment Masque, which feels amazing on my hair. I wish there was a little more product in the container, which is the same size, and price as the shampoo. Also, most of the products has a vanilla scent, which I am not very crazy about. The only other complaint I have is that the conditioner does not have a thick constancy, so I wish it was in a bottle with a pump, instead of a jar. The masque contains Horsetail butter, which "nourishes and strengthens hair follicles" and "assists with conditions like dandruff, eczema, psoriasis and other asking conditions." The masque also has coconut oil and avocado oil, which is great for curly hair that  suffers from dryness or frizz.The masque allowed me to detangle my hair fairly quickly, and left my hair feeling moisturized and smooth. I am a little heavy handed with my conditioner, because the consistency is on the lighter side. Overall, I would give this product a 5/5, because it doesn't exactly what it claims!
          After deep conditioning for about 30 minutes to an hour, I then followed up with the Twist Truffle Whip.  This 8 oz jar for $12.99 is a light creamy moisturizer, that is suppose to be perfect for setting your heat less styles. I think it does a decent job at leaving your hair moisturized, but I do not think the product has a strong enough hold to define your kinky curly textures, unless you have fine hair or are working with small sections. The product does leave my hair soft, moisturized, and shiny. Just be careful to not be heavy handed in order to avoid your style coming out stringy, or greasy. I give this product a 4/5 because I did like the results I got after using it, but I wish my style could have lasted after the first day. I  think if you add a little bit of gel with the Truffle Whip, your in business! Check out the tutorial below of how I used the heat less line to  create my "Greek Goddess Inspired Afro". Until the next post, happy healthy hair journey! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow on Pintrest

Subscribe